Miles Better Prepared This Winter
It is that time of year when we need to take extra care of our vehicles and take precautions to avoid any hazardous situations. Remember the acronym FORCES and you will be Miles Better Prepared for any drive this winter.
- F is for FUEL – Ensure you have enough fuel for your journey. Cars use more fuel in heavy traffic and start/stop conditions which can be regular occurrences, especially in wintry weather
- O is for OIL – To avoid engine damage and a potential breakdown, remember to check your oil level and top up when necessary
- R is for RUBBER – Check that all four tyres have at least 3mm of rubber tread and are inflated to the correct pressure – this is vital to maintaining good grip in wet and even icy conditions.
- C is for COOLANT – Make sure it’s topped up to your vehicle manufacturer’s recommended levels and it contains the right amount of anti-freeze
- E is for ELECTRICS – Check all of your lights are working correctly including your indicators, brake lights and fog lights – and replace any faulty bulbs or blown fuses
- S is for SCREENWASH – Top-up your windscreen washer fluid and check your wiper blades to make sure they are not too worn.
If you think that you need a winter check up, call us on 01483 757 788 and we will be happy to help.
Hours Of Business
Monday to Friday 08.00 -17.00
Saturday Sandhurst Only 08.00 - 12.00